- Request Information
- How To Apply
- Getting Classes Started
- Transfer Information
- Campus Tour
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Getting Involved
- Athletics Home
- Men's Basketball
- Women's Basketball
- Athletics Staff
- Athletic Forms
- Clubs & Organizations
- Paulucci Space Theatre
- Student Life
- Student Senate
- Study Abroad
- Upward Bound
- On Campus Services
- Training Solutions
Everything you need to
know to make an informed
decision — a smart start.
FALL FINANCIAL AID DISBURSEMENT
Financial Aid Disbursement – FALL SEMESTER
- Financial Aid will be applied to student accounts no later than Monday, September 8, 2014.
- If you have direct deposit, funds should be in your account no later than Wednesday, September 10th.
- Please sign up for direct deposit if you haven’t done so already. Go to www.hibbing.edu and log into your e-services account. On the left hand side click on “Financial Aid.”
- Paper checks can be picked up in the Business Office beginning Friday, September 12th. If you would like your check mailed to you, please call Tina at 218-262-7205 and leave a message with your name, address you want the check mailed to, and your student I.D. #. Please update your address to avoid delays in receiving your check.
- If you are a first time student receiving a loan, those loans will be deposited into your bank account after you have attended 30 days—no later than September 26, 2014.
- Business Office hours are from 8:30 am – 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday. Thank you.
IMPORTANT FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION
Important Financial Aid & Business Office Dates/Deadlines
FALL SEMESTER, 2014
August 25 – December 19, 2014
August 5, 2014 First Registration Guarantee Date – students registered
through August 4, 2014, must meet minimum payment
requirements for tuition and fees by this date to stay
enrolled. Students who meet minimum payment
requirements for Fall Semester will be protected from
Registration Cancellation For Nonpayment and will not have
their courses administratively dropped.
August 18 – 29, 2014 Charge books against Financial Aid in bookstore.
August 25, 2014 FALL SEMESTER BEGINS
August 26, 2014 Automatic Payment Plan Option
Last day to enroll online: 15% down, 3 monthly
installments beginning Sept. 5th through Nelnet
(non-refundable $21 fee charged upon enrollment)
Invoices are not mailed out – check your e-Services
August 29, 2014 Final Registration Guarantee Date – all registered students
must meet minimum requirements for tuition and fees by
this date to stay enrolled.
August 29, 2014 Final Date to drop/add classes. Final date to drop classes
with 100% refund.
August 29, 2014 Last day to return books for REFUND in original packaging.
September 2, 2014 Students classes cancelled for nonpayment.
September 2, 2014 Automatic Payment Plan Option
Last day to enroll online: 15% or $300.00 down, 3
monthly installments beginning Oct 5th or 20th
through Nelnet (non-refundable $21 fee charged
upon enrollment) OR
September 2, 2014 Last day to enroll online: 30% down, 2 monthly
installments, Oct & Nov. 5th, through
Nelnet (non-refundable $21 fee charged upon
September 8, 2014 Last day for official withdrawal with 75% refund/credit of
September 10, 2014 DIRECT DEPOSIT FINANCIAL AID DISBURSEMENT
DATE – Reminder: New students will have to wait 30
Days for their loans.
September 12, 2014 Checks will be distributed to students who do not have
September 15, 2014 Last day for official withdrawal with 50% refund/credit of
September 22, 2014 Last day for official withdrawal with 25% refund/credit of
tuition/fee charges. (Zero Refund After This Date).
September 26, 2014 Loan disbursement for NEW STUDENTS.
October 22, 2014 Automatic Payment Plan Option
FINAL day to enroll online: 30% down, 2 monthly
installments, Nov & Dec. 5th, Or FULL
payment through Nelnet ($2.00 fee)
November 10, 2014 Accounts with Fall semester balances not covered by
Nelnet payment plan subject to unpaid balance
HOLD and $25.00 late payment fee.
December 16 – 19, 2014 Book Buyback
December 19, 2014 Accounts with Fall semester balances subject to referral
for collection to Minnesota Department Of Revenue.
HCC Receives MN Literacy Action Network Adult Education Partnership Award
The partnership between Hibbing Community College and Adult Basic Education/AEOA was recognized and celebrated when HCC was awarded the Minnesota Literacy Action Network Adult Education Partnership Award on Wednesday, September 17.
The partnership between AEOA's Adult Education program and Hibbing Community College has grown over the years to include open GED class time, English Language Learner support, on-campus Learning Communities, and three different career pathway programs moving low-skilled adults into high-wage, high-demand industry recognized certificates.
Thank you to all staff for their significant assistance in serving learners in our community!
HCC Music Series Welcomes Kat Perkins
The HCC Music Series is back! Our season kicks off with a bang, as we welcome Kat Perkins to the HCC Stage, Thursday, September 25th. The show starts at 7:00 PM , doors will open at 6:40 PM. Kat Perkins most recently reached the TOP 5 on Season 6 of NBC’s ‘THE VOICE” as part of Team Adam. Hailed by ‘THE VOICE’ music director Paul Mirkovich as “The best female rock singer we’ve ever had on the show…” Kat’s career has taken her all over the world, having performed alongside acts like Bon Jovi and The Foo Fighters to name a few. General Admission Tickets are $15, HCC Student Tickets are $5, with current student ID. Tickets will go on sale Monday, August 25th and will be available at the HCC Bookstore or Grandma's In the Park Restaurant. Credit Card purchases may be made with the HCC Bookstore. Contact Jennifer Boben at email@example.com or call 218-262-7363 for more information.
HCC Student Email
HCC Student email transitioned to Outlook over the summer. If you are having trouble logging into your email account, here are some things to know:
1. Your login information: username will be your StarID; password will be your password for StarID. If your password has expired you can go to www.starid.mnscu.edu to change it.
2. Email addresses will remain the same. Students' email addresses are in the same format as in the past: first letter of firstname, first 4 of lastname, last 3 numbers of HCC (student) ID @hibbing.edu. Example: John Smith HCC (student) ID – 00000459 would be firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having trouble accessing your email, stop into the IT Office located in C232.